The Acuson 128 XP/10 system is an upgrade to Acuson's second generation Computed Sonography technology.
The main characteristics of 128XP platform are:
1. 128-electronically independent canals provide exclusive spatial resolution, tissue contrast and image uniformity in all field of view.
2. Acustic Responce Technology (ART) - optimises subtle signals returning from the body to account for the proper shaping of the acustic spectrum, taking into consideration the transduser response, tissue attenuation and user-selected parameters such as depth, preprocessing options and operating frequency chosen throuh MultiHertzTM.
3. Regional Expansion Selection (RES) lets expand a portion of 2-D image and Color Doppler image and view it in real-time. The resolution is actually increased because the system adds more lines-both horizontal and vertical-of ultrasound data to the expanded area.
4. Vector Array Format technology. Vector is Acusonís trademark for its proprietary omni-steerable, omni-originating image formation technology. Like a sector transduser, a Vector Array transduser has a small footprint for imagingwhen access is difficult, however the near field image width is as wide as the transduser footprint. In addition, a Vector Array transduser produces a wider field of view at all depths than previously possible with a sector transduser.
5. MultiHertz technology e[tends the usefullness of a single transduser by enabling it to operate at multiple independent imaging frequencies. This capability provides better resolution at higher frequencies and vore gray scale and Color Doppler penetration at lower frequencies. In addition, the lower frequencies provide increased Color Doppler velocity scales to reduce aliasing.
6. Color Doppler Imaging Option is an imaging technique that displays blood flow information in real-time. The system allows to combine Color Doppler information on the 2-D image and spectral Doppler information in a strip at the same time. Triplex function on linear transdusers allows to simultaneously acquire and display spectral Doppler, Color Doppler and 2-D information.
7. Color Doppler Energy (CDE) Option lets and assigns a color to the energy generated by moving reflectors (blood flow). CDE is virtually angle and velocity independent, displays a wide, dynamic range of signals from blood vessels with varying flow states, ranging from high velocity to very low velocity simultaneously without aliasing. CDE displays perfused regions where the mean blood velocity is zero.
8. Doppler Tissues Imaging (DTI) is a new investigational tool which presents myocardial motion abnormalities the way Color Doppler presents blood flow abnormalities by Color encoding the myocardium from the Doppler shift information of moving tissue. Potential areas of application include: disorders of contractility and condactivity and diastolic function.
Back to History of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology.